The Kiwanis Club of Los Gatos was formed in December 20, 1923. (Making it the oldest service club in Los Gatos and second oldest club in Santa Clara Valley).
The Los Gatos club was sponsored by the Kiwanis club of San Jose ( oldest Kiwanis Club in Santa Clara Valley).
The very first Kiwanis Club was formed in Detroit, Michigan, in 1915. Clubs were originally organized to promote the exchange of business among members. Shortly after it's organization it became a service club helping children around the world. Today there are nearly 300,000 Kiwanis Club members, and an additional 300,000 members in the other clubs that make up the “Kiwanis Family”: Key Club (high school) circle K Club (college), Builders Club (middle school), K’Kids Club (elementary school) and Aktion Club (for those with disabilities).